Wednesday, November 16, 2011

.Peru.

Peru was my favorite country we visited. It was in Peru where I was able to see the most genuine South American culture. We started in Cusco where we had three free days all to ourselves!! My cute roommate Mckell was so fun to room with. The only problem is we both have a hard time waking up. Good thing these were free days.
Drinking a "maracujeya" shake... same as a passion fruit. SO GOOD!
At the institute of Liberty
and Democracy. They are working to make it so people in Peru can start there own businesses and gain ownership rights.

The hotel we stayed in was BEAUTIFUL!! I want to take Brady back there someday. The streets are lined with shops with everyone trying to sell to tourists. In Cusco the entire economy is funded by tourism.
These cute guys kept saying.. "Picture for pretty lady!"
After you took a picture with them they would beg for money.
The awesome hats I should have bought.
The view from my balcony.
Our Toga party we threw
because we were so sick of working!!

We loved eating at different "cinco soles" places. At these places we would get a drink, soup and a hearty main course. All for about 1.25 in U.S. dollars. I'm sure we increased their sales for the year because our entire group ate their every night.
Llamas just walking the street.

One of the soups
we at at the 5 Soles place... maybe that's why it was only 5 Soles.

We also went to Machu Pichu. BEAUTIFUL!

We then spent a week and a half in Trujillo. Here we participated in the small enterprise education and development program (SEED). There were 16 different small businesses that were seeking funds and my group was in charge of analyzing four of them. We spent our time interviewing our people, asking other business owners how they were doing and doing sensitivity analysis on the projected numbers for the future businesses. We spent hours upon hours doing this research. We had NO time for anything else! It was the hardest part of the trip but the most rewarding. I spear headed Alfonso's business. He wanted to transport goods from the farm to the packing plant, Dan Per. We got to know him and his family. The night before we left we presented on our projects. We gave everything we had with the little energy we had left after our completely exhausting week. We were excited to find out that Alfonso's business was going to be funded!
.On the beaches in Peru on a bamboo boat.
The Corpus Cristi parade.. random but cool!
llama face!

Over all I am so glad I went. But if I had to leave Brady again for a month, I physically could not do it. Thankfully I did not know that when I was leaving. This trip helped me realize how much I needed Brady's support and love in my life. It also helped me realize how much I need the Lord in my life. I had to lean on him a lot during this trip. I am so thankful for all the love the Lord has given me in my life and especially for His special care while I was gone.
We also did a service project. We gave eye glasses to people who needed them. I fell in love with the kids!

The cutest baby one of the women was going to set on the floor while doing her eye exam.. I'll hold him!!

Going home took more time then anyone expected. On top of the sixteen hour plane rides we got delayed everywhere!! I got off the plane in LA and I'm glad I did because the group missed their connecting flight to SLC. Poor friends!

on the last flight home!!! I was SOO excited!

I still remember the feeling I got when I saw Brady. It was like I was seeing him for the first time!! I dropped my bags and ran to him smooshing the roses he had bought for me. As much as I love traveling I love my husband SOOO much more!!
back together again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment