Saturday, June 22, 2013

It's getting hot out here

Humidity.  This is a new concept for me.  Born and raised in a dry desert, I am having a hard time adjusting to the hot sticky air out here.  I get so excited when there is rain on the forecast, to get a break from the heat, but I have learned that as soon as the rain stops it is even MORE humid.  We really do love it here but a couple things have had to change. 
1. We no longer eat chips.  If you forget to vacuum seal your bag, you are left with waterlogged 
nastiness. 
2. We take more showers. Whenever you walk outside, you have immediate perspiration.  B helped move a couple people in this weekend, and each time he came home he was dripping wet.  Looks like our hygiene and water bill will both by going up. 
3. My hair will not behave.  I have naturally curly hair that I have tried to suppress my whole life.  But unless I can find some good anti-humidity product I will be looking like a lioness during our time here in MO. 

{My awesome lion's mane}

Even though the air is palpable here, the firebugs and friends make it worth it.  So I guess we will stay for a while. 

p.s. We unpacked almost everything! We are in the process of decorating and cleaning now so I will post more pictures as soon as we are done! 

1 comment:

  1. Em! I LOVE it!!! I'm so glad it finally worked. I love all the posts, especially your lioness picture. So great. The only downside of your blog is it made me miss you so much! Love your stinking guts, I better go watch some Saved By the Bell to make me feel better ;)

    ReplyDelete