Friday, October 14, 2011

.South America.

When I was a freshmen I heard about the Huntsman Scholars Program. This program is a scholarship made possible by the generous donations of Jon M. Huntsman to the business school. The people on scholarship were given the opportunity to go on a summer experience to South America, Asia or Eastern Europe and then another trip in the fall to Europe. When I heard about this experience I became obsessed! I worked on my application for months. It turns out it was in the Lord's plan for me to get the scholarship.

This all happened before B and I were even engaged. After we got married, I realized how hard it was going to be to leave him for two full months. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to any of these! After much prayer we decided that I should go on the South America summer trip and not the fall Europe trip.

Thirty days. Thirty days doing the most adventuresome, tiring, mind blowing things I have done in my life. Yet they were the most lonely days I have ever, and hopefully ever have to spend with out my other half. It was the hardest thing I ever did, yet it brought me so much closer to my sweet hubs.


I have never cried so much! I remember hiding in the airport bathroom before our group left the states. B was on the phone telling me everything was going to be ok but I just couldn't stop crying! Feeling like such a wimp I stayed in the bathroom for over an hour with my feet on the toilet doing my best to silence my sobs. Thank goodness for skype other wise I would not have made it through the month! The next three posts will each be about the different countries we went to and everything I did and saw!


No comments:

Post a Comment