Friday, October 14, 2011

.Chile.

From the time we left SLC to the time we arrived in Santiago, we had been traveling for over 24 HOURS! This trip took all the novelty out of planes for me!

Chile was the first country we went to. We stayed in a Best Western which helped me feel at home a little. The first city we went was Vina del Mar, then Valparaiso and ended in Santiago. In Chile we visited a University, Banco Santander, the shipping company CSAV, Weir Minerals and the U.S. Embassy. We also spent a day in the beautiful Valparaiso.



What I remember most about Chile was the european fashion and architecture,


the stray dogs that followed us EVERYWHERE,

the irresistible gellato we got every night,


the down time we were given to explore the town and gorgeous beaches,

staying in the Best Western, seeing all the different fruits getting sent all over the world,

and the tour of Valparaiso.

The most uncomfortable thing that happened to me was in Chile. On my neck there was a sebaceous cyst that became infected. It grew to the size of a quarter and I was running a fever. At first my teacher thought it was a hickey (which became the running joke for the trip) but when it kept growing, he insisted that I go to the E.R. So we grabbed an interpreter, a taxi and headed to the hospital. The doctor finally stuck needles in it while saying in broken english, "relax..relax.. I'm good doctor!". After we finally left the doctor with my neck all bandaged up we spent TWO HOURS walking the streets finding a cab. This was at 1:00 AM! I have never been so scared! Someone was looking out for us because we finally found a cab, a 24 hour pharmacy for my meds, and made it home!


This took up most of my time in Santiago so I barely had time to sight see.

When I was packing, I debated over putting a warm jacket or a light one in my suit case. I decided to throw in a light one. When we arrived in Chile the first night it was 20 DEGREES!
As you can guess I was very chilly in Chile but I loved it! I loved the food and the people! Very classy and european. Hopefully I will go back... someday, someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment