Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Anderson's in K-Ville

I counted down the days until my parents came! These two are a blast to be with and make you feel like the most important person in the world!  Their visit was way too short but I am so grateful for the time that I did get to spend with them.  

I drove to Kansas City to pick them up, and for those who know of my driving skills, this was an impressive feat!  I arrived at the hotel a couple hours before their flight came in so I splurged by using the gym and taking a relaxing bubble bath while watching a movie.  When their flight FINALLY came in, we could not stop talking! Even though we had a full day ahead of us, we stayed up far into the morning laughing and talking nonstop.  
The next morning we woke up, went to the gym and then jumped in the pool for a quick swim.  We decided to stop in Kirksville before heading to Nauvoo so that we could eat dinner with B man, who was MIA because of school.  The girls ate way too much at a salad buffet and the boys loaded up with steak and potatoes.  Finally we rolled out, sent B to the library to study, and headed to Nauvoo. 

 
We made it to Nauvoo just in time for the pageant.  WE LOVED IT!  The actors were amazing and the stories they told were incredible.  Even though I’m still scratching my mosquito bites from this night, it was worth it!  We didn’t plan well for the evening and mom and I started to get a bit chilly as soon as the pageant began.  My dad could not stop chuckling as we used the chair cushions as make shift blankets to keep us warm. 

Our time in Nauvoo was spent going around the historic town, eating yummy food, going to the beautiful temple, attending different shows and spending time with Aunt Bonita and Uncle Snick.  They are serving a mission out here and it has been great fun to be so close to these guys.  Another special treat was running into my cousins Sterling, Olivia, Tiffany and Todd and all their kids!  

After we were Nauvoo’ed out, we headed back to Kirksville.  Unfortunately, B man had gotten sick and was feeling miserable!  He stayed in bed the rest of the weekend while we made scrubbies, went to the lake, shopped, hiked and played games. 

I miss these two so much already!  Kirksville is a blast but there is nothing like being with family and I hope one day we will end up close to everyone.  Thanks for the laughs, the talks, the food and the fun!  Dad’s chuckle and silly grins can lighten any day and mom knows just what to say to turn any situation into a great one!  I am so lucky to have them in my life and could not have asked for better parents.  The hardest thing about these visits is that it makes you realize how much you miss them.. so come back soon!! I can't wait for future visits but until then, I will remember the fun memories we made. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun, fun time!!! I'm glad you guys had a blast and that you got spoiled being with them. I could hear dad's laugh when I was reading your post. and I'm proud of you for overeating at the salad bar (is that even possible). Love your guts E and can't wait to watch Saved by the Bell with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ate way too much at a salad bar? Yeah....I DO THAT ALL THE TIME!
    YAY for parents though!!!

    ReplyDelete